Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ideas!

I hate being broke! its the begining of the month and I have no money left, its so depressing! But I feel that its giving me the push I need to stop being lazy and to make some money out of the skills that I have.
Last sunday I had a meeting with my mentor, Im not sure if I've mentioned before that part of the 'Create To Learn' Art Teaching experience includes being matched with a mentor to give advice and support, and mine has been really helpful and encouraging, shes a fashion designer and I've had two meetings with her so far. I always come away feeling a little bit more optimistic after speaking with her. I told her of my plans to come up with a range of jewellery and that I've given myself the deadline of May to have a small collection ready and to show it to a few boutiques in london (fingers crossed, if all goes to plan!)
I have also started working on some fabric masks/hoods based on the concealing and covering up of emotional and physical scars due to domestic violence. The idea behind them is that they create a visual false persona to the one that the victim is trying to hide, but not always successfully, beneath it. I will put some photos up of my work in progress soon!
I've also got my exhibition at the Jewellers 'Cox & Power' fast approaching. My works gonna be up in the first week of April and I still have quite a few bits and pieces I need to be getting on with. So much to do so little time! The story of my life .x.

No comments: