Friday, April 13, 2012

Beautiful Brighton






Yesterday I went to visit my lovely friend, who not so long ago moved to Brighton to get away from the hustle and bustle of London with her boyfriend. I think it was after several long weekends here together, that they both fell in love with the place and decided to make it their home.

Brighton has always been dear to me. It brings back childhood memories of me sitting on a deck chair, walking & playing on the hard pebble beach & eating fish & chips with my big sister & Aunties. Mum having packed us both off early to go with them to their church convention.

I love the sea, the clean salty air, the colourful streets & houses & the laid back attitude of the people I meet here. There is so much creativity everywhere you look.

We were blessed with a beautiful day, clear blue sky and lots of sunshine! The sky & sea appeared to melt into one. The shades of blue were mesmerizing. There was a brief downpour of rain but fortunately we didn't get wet as we were tucked away in a cozy tea house indulging ourselves with cream tea, scones and clotted cream. Afterwards we left for a brief ponder around some of the independent & charity shops then for a long walk beside the sea. Bliss.

Much Love & Blessings

Charlene

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pics and what a beautiful day.

I feel like I haven't been to Brighton in forever. Must take a trip back soon.

Xx

Charlene said...

Thank you! Yes you should,the kids would love it! :) x