Saturday, April 07, 2012

Spring Clean: Love & Need

Just a few days ago I gave some of my old clothes, shoes,books etc away, Stuff I haven't touched in ages to charity.
I'm currently in the process of getting rid of a lot of stuff. Clutter & basically junk I no longer use or need, but I find it so difficult parting with it all! After leaving it all at the charity shop I felt so anxious and uncomfortable about it & its madness because I really don't need any of that stuff! But it was all once mine, it played a part, a small one but still, a part in my life.
I guess we just get attached to things, objects, people. The thing is we can't take any of this with us when we die! Sorry to get morbid but it's the truth and someones gonna have to sort out our mess. So, I really want to down scale and be as minimal as I possibly can because I just want things around me that I love and need.
I'm also fed up of living in disarray, forever searching around for bits & pieces I've mislaid due to the heap of stuff I've amassed!
I'm going to start by buying (only if I really need it!) a lot more consciously on my new 'love & need' only basis, and also to continue to detach and cleanse from myself the things that no longer meet this criteria.
I want to live in a light, bright,open and clutter free space. A place where my family and friends can drop in unannounced & I will feel happy & prepared to welcome them in with no fuss or worry about the presentation of my home.

Much Love & Blessings!

Charlene

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are doing well sis. You have a great attitude and you will have your home the way you want it very soon.

Good times ahead x