Saturday, April 14, 2007

Allergies & Chest Infections

On Wednesday I helped to put up the work for my exhibition 'Familiar Strands' with the staff at Cox & Power who have been extremley helpful. It looks brilliant! so if you get a chance, please go and see it! But I was feeling really unwell, as over the last few days I've been coughing a lot, feeling breathless and experiencing chest and back pains, I usually put it down to my hayfever and having allergies but I felt a lot worse than usual so I thought I had better go to the doctor as last year I got a chest infection. Ringing up for an appointment I was told that the soonest I could get one was in two weeks time! its such a joke! So after putting up the exhibition my mum took me to the hospital and the doctor there said I had a very bad chest infection and would need to rest in bed for ten days! Im glad I got a professional opinion as knowing me I would have carried on with my daily routines as usual and it would have just got worse, but I feel that now I have been given permission to give my body a much needed rest.

No comments: